Sunday, August 28, 2011

I heard this the other day...

...and it was awesome!

"Doctrine doesn't save us, Jesus does!"
I think it's easy for 'mature' Christians (or those that think they are mature) to get so focused on doctrine or theology that they miss Jesus. Yes, theology and doctrine are very important but we shouldn't be like the church in Ephesus that had "forsaken" their first love (Rev. 2:4). We are not called to be experts on theology, we are called to LEARN CHRIST! If we focus on Christ the rest will automatically come ("Seek first the Kingdom of God and all things will be added to you"). God has been pressing this very heavily on my heart lately and I just figured I'd share. God is so incredibly good to a people so incredibly unworthy! To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment