Tuesday, June 15, 2010

On the Grind

Acts 2:42-47
"They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved."

This is the prayer for the summer and these verses give such an awesome picture of people who love God and love other people. It's a picture of what it means to value other people over yourself, it's a picture of selflessness.

Lately God has been showing me my need for community...at first it was really easy to ignore but the more I ignored it the closer God put it in front of me and now it is almost to the point that it's, in a sense, blinding me. In the past couple days every conversation I've had, situation I've been in and meeting I've been a part of has been focused on community and why it's beneficial for our lives. To go along with that the girls that I'm leading are living this truth out in front of me, they are trusting me and thinking so well for the girls in their rooms! The both of them have taken HUGE leaps of faith in the past week and I have been really humbled by the relentless trust I've seen from them! I've watched them take hold of the areas in their lives that are extremely hard for them and I've seen them fight full force against them. I'm suppose to be leading them but they have shown me what it looks like to live out faith that's unremitting.

These are some stolen pics from facebook of some good times in Myrtle Beach so far!!!


My room :)

Miniature Golf social...people were given a category and they had to dress the part. People went all out, it was great!




No comments:

Post a Comment