Thursday, May 26, 2011

Adderall

I was prescribed Adderall 3 years ago for my ADD. The truth is that I really wanted the medicine to lose weight, it was just convenient that I also was diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder. Trying to quit taking this has been the hardest thing I think I've ever done. It's been so easy to justify using it but I notice that the more I convince myself that it's ok the more faint God's voice gets. I've been in a place where all I could hear was my voice and it cost me more than I could have ever imagined...I don't want to do that again, I pray that by God's grace it won't.
I don't really know why I wrote this, I think more as a confession, honestly. I've never really confessed this to many people so I might as well go big or go home right?!?
God, help me to hold onto the truth that you are better.

"I hear the Savior say
Thy strength indeed is small
Child of weakness watch and pray
Find in me thine all in all

Jesus paid it all
All to him I owe
Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow."

No comments:

Post a Comment