Monday, November 29, 2010

vrjbdhiduhSHUNzxjieuwndnhf

Dictionary.com: shun-to keep away from, from motives of dislike, caution, etc; take pains to avoid.

Marriam Webster: shun-to avoid deliberately and especially habitually

Roget's II: The New Thesaurus, 3rd edition: shun-
1. To keep away from:avoid, burke, bypass, circumvent, dodge, duck, elude, escape, eschew, evade, get around
2. To slight (someone) deliberately: cut, rebuff, snub, spurn, informal coldshoulder. Idioms: close/shut the door on, give someone the cold shoulder, turn one’s back on. 

I'm so glad that Christ doesn't treat us like this when we knowingly and willingly do it to him! I don't deserve to take one breath or one step but God allows me to anyway. I'll never understand what I truly deserve because instead of shunning me God decided to turn his back on his son. For some reason He believed that my life was worth saving, he believed that my life was worth watching a perfect man be torn to pieces. That doesn't make sense to me, but His ways are not my ways and His thoughts are not my thoughts. I believe that the only reason why people continue to "shun" others is because of pride, Jesus never shunned people because he cared more about God than himself. To be shunned by God is the worst thing I can think of.

Father, forgive me for being bitter with people and for tuning my back on people when I have been called to love them. I'm so sorry that my pride causes me to act like such an inconsiderate jerk and I'm sorry that most of the time it didn't even bother me. I know that I still wouldn't care if it wasn't for you're grace and I'm so thankful for that! Please show me how to love like you, show me what it means to die to myself. This morning I heard a pastor say "we are all for grace until we have to extend it to others". This is true for me, so God I need you to keep teaching what it means to extend grace to other people and to extend it often!

No comments:

Post a Comment