Friday, October 15, 2010

Forgiveness

Lord, I confess that I tend to accuse people in my head rather than humbly question them to their face. I come up with scenarios in my head of how I believe a situation is going to play out, I think that I know what other people are thinking and if they tell me any different my first instinct is to think they are lying. But this is the truth, Psalm 139:2-4 "You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O LORD, you know it altogether." Father, you are the only one who knows other people's hearts and minds. You see the most disgusting things, the things that we ourselves cringe at the thought of, and even though you absolutely hate them you choose to forgive. You, a Holy, Righteous, Just, Jealous God have chosen to forgive us for actions, thoughts, motives and desires that defile your Glorious name! Father, I pray that I fill my mind with your truth-that I would fantasize about your Resurrection, or you defeating death, or the fact that you are coming back! Please help me see people with your eyes and always think of other people as better than myself! Thank you for Jesus, thank you for forgiving me so that I'm able to forgive others! Thanks for being jealous for me and not giving up on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment