Friday, October 1, 2010

Interesting night...

So I've taken a short trip to the Whee this week and tonight some of the girls asked me to go with them to a bible study at the Barn. The main topic of discussion was "God is Enough" but how we don't always believe it. It was good to hear truth and talk about ways to believe truth over lies that we so often believe. Afterwards Sarah, Katlyn and I got in my car to leave...this is when the night got interesting. As I started to reverse my car my back left tire began to slide down the hill. I immediately put my car in drive to try and get get my tire beck up the hill but it only made it worse. Once my car was close to a 45 degree angle we all decided we would get out incase my car flipped. We took out the things that were valuable and then thought about how to fix this little situation. For our first attempt, Katlyn got in the drivers seat and Sarah and I tried to push the car from behind...not only did this fail but as Katlyn was in the drivers seat the car's back right tire came off the ground. We all thought Katlyn was going to get caught in the car as it flipped but thank the Lord that it didn't. Our second attempt failed even worse than the first one, we took some wood and tried to use it a leverage under one of the tires in hopes that we would be able to get it out of the hole we had now made. Katlyn got in the drivers seat and I got in the passenger seat to try and put more weight on that side (I don't know why she agreed to be in that position again but she did haha). This didn't work because my car ran out of gas, actually I had a little bit of gas but because the way the car was tilted it couldn't read that I had any. At this point we decided to call Chad. About 10 min later Chad and A-Hawk show up, assess the situation, hook a chain up to my car and Chad's truck and pull it out of the hole. I'm so thankful to know guys that are amazing servants and so eager to help! Overall it was pretty interesting! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment