Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Breakers Commission

This is a song called The Breakers Commission, it's by a band called For Today. They are normally a screamo band but this song is more chilled out...the end gets a tad cray cray but the words are amazing!!! This song makes me want to jump around my room praising God!!! I couldn't find the words online so I had to listen to the song and write down the words as I heard them. I'm pretty sure these are right, if they arnt, they are really close.

"Life, love, forgiveness, acceptance,
Stripping demons right off my back trying to leach life off of me,
Get off of me, you feel my father’s fury oppressor.
One day you’ll feel the full blast of his vengeance.
Bells above but for now ill love cause I got strength.
He blew courage in my backbone now ill stand straight and militant
Lining up in Jehovah battalion
Knowing you can’t challenge him so we march forward,
Swift as eagle, set like talons
Ready to grip souls from your grasp,
Slick snake in the grass my Lord sees you and vengeance is HIS.
But for now ill retaliate, propelled by a Holy mandate
To heal cause I know how bad it hurts.
Full of madness at first,
But now gladness bursts out of the seems of our beings
Because we overflow with the oil of joy.
The ointment of the anointed,
Mending any torn soul,
Healing any broken bone,
HE IS HERE.
HE WAS THERE.
HE IS PEACE.
HE IS FAITHFUL."

No comments:

Post a Comment